Thursday, March 5, 2009

A little perspective

Lenten musing 4

Yesterday, my cousin asked, "Aren't you due soon?" and I wrote back, "I'm due 3/26 which is VERY soon relative to last summer or even Thanksgiving. NOT SOON ENOUGH relative to how big I feel the baby has gotten vs. how much space I think is left in there. And TOO SOON relative to how much work I want to do before the baby comes." So I'm a little conflicted.

This morning, I didn't sleep well from 5AM on wondering if I should get up and get to getting to work. Finally, at 7 I dragged my harrassed self out of bed.

I'm reading the Book of Common Prayer Daily Office Lectionary through my feedreader and this was verse 1:

Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God the LORD,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth.

Wow!

I love the expression of beauty and expansiveness, the sense of strength and reliability, the realization that my worries are small things in light of this kind of majesty.

A little perspective on an anxious morning. A little thankfulness to direct me out of my self-pity.

No comments: